niedziela, 31 maja 2015

Friendship and travelling





They say that moving in together can ruin the best relationship. The same problem refers not only to couples, but also to friends. Last summer I decided to go with my friend to Italy. After a two-week holiday with my friend all I can say is that never before has our friendship been put to such a test. 
Some prosaic disagreements appeared even before the journey even started. We could’ve not decided on a hotel, plane tickets and leisure activities,  not to mention the places we would like to visit. When we arrived in Rome, my friend, informed me that she was tired and had no will at all to leave the hotel room. It was only 6 p.m. so I decided to explore the surroundings by myself. The next morning, after spending almost two hours in the bathroom, Sara graciously decided to appear for breakfast. I knew that she would rather had stayed in bed or at the swimming pool all day. The only two things she had on her mind were shopping or sunbathing. Even though I was fully aware of her obsession with appearance, I could not expect that it will affect our journey that much. Sara didn’t show any particular interest in sightseeing, learning about the local culture or undertaking any other activities beside going to the fancy restaurant for a dinner. 

Thanks to holidays with Sara I realized an important truth – if you don’t want to doubt your friendship, you better not travel together. Especially when the problems apear even before the journey starts.

*Any resemblance to real persons or name is purely coincidental. 

1 komentarz:

  1. :D! I can imagine how frustrated you must have been. It's always a big risk to go for holidays with someone who has a very different lifestyle to our own. I hope you managed to make the best of your trip anyhow.

    OdpowiedzUsuń