piątek, 17 października 2014

Eliade

So I`ve written my thesis on a subject of the dream in the short-stories of Mircea Eliade and I`ve passed the final exam. I`ve just started my master and I`m starting to write my blog. So, just to start with this-a little piece of text about Eliade.

Mircea Eliade was born in March 1907 in Bucarest in Romania. He was a Romanian philosopher, writer, one of the most famous historians of religion and a professor at the University of Chicago. Mircea Eliade wrote over 30 volumes of religion studies, literary works and essays. Between 1928 and 1932 Mircea Eliade was on the scholarship in India(Calcuta) where he studied the philosophy and learned Sanskrit. While in India Eliade fell in love with his host`s daughter on whom he based his novel Maitreyi (Bengal nights). In 1956 he went to USA where he gave lectures and received a title of the professor of the history of religions. He died in April 1986 in Chicago in USA. His grave is located in Oak Woods Cementary.

1 komentarz: